When I was in high school (yes here comes a good ol' HS story...) we had a bible study 1 day a week in the morning before school, as a part of the morning we would share what we called "God Stops" -moments in your day that you stopped and noticed God working around you- it could be a flower growing on the side of the road, it could be an instructor available in their office unexpectedly, it could be just about anything... as the weeks went by and we all practiced noticing God Stops to share in the morning we noticed that we began to NOTICE... we are surrounded by beauty and joy everyday, we just have to stop and notice...
so some of my noticing-s for this week include:
- The feel of clean sheets
- Husband bringing home flowers for no reason at all- the most beautiful brilliant flowers I think I have ever gotten- yellows and purples and magentas! <3
- Sunshine! I can never seem to get enough of it this time of year!
- The daffodils popping up along the path I walk at work during lunch
- The smell of fresh laundry (definitely apposed to dirty laundry!)
- My early birthday fun present from husband -FUSHIGI!
- My leftover-enchiladas turning out amazing tonight- I took leftovers from the refrigerator and the freezer mixed them together with some V8 and taco seasoning, popped it into the oven and 25 minutes later- perfection! *whew -lucky break there!
- Some good conversations with family- you just can't beat them!
- Husband's impromptu invite to go walking the local trail, where we saw geese, ducks, great blue herons, cormorants, and egrets... little purple flowers, white flowers on the trees, and red leafy looking flowers!
One of the birds, not sure what it is called- Phil? Nicki? Zach? Any help here?
This little guy is eating some crumbs that Phil tossed to him- it was so cute!