Thursday, March 31, 2011

Caution: Paradigm Shifting Ahead

I think I am undergoing a paradigm shift. Recently I have been reading and hearing a lot about trying to find "what makes you happy" or your "passion" as a lot of people call it. This has opened up a new way of thinking for me. Less based on logic, planning, and the future and more on the moment and enjoying it for what it is. I have not been seeking out these books, blogs, or conversations...they all just keep falling in my lap.

For example, today while clicking "next blog" at the top of the page I randomly stumbled across a very good piece on finding your passion here. In this piece the author suggests you start by making a list of things that make you happy or you have an strong emotional reaction to- for her it is anything that makes her cry.  (For those of you who knows me -I think it would be safe to say that anything that makes me clap is something that makes me happy, agreed?)

Anyways, I don't want to take all this information and direction and apply it entirely in a me, Me, ME way, but instead I would like to become more aware of who I am, how I tick, what makes me happy, and what is Gods plan for me. I think God created us for something, and I also think it is something we will be passionate about. This first really hit home for me as a teenager when I was reading The Dream Giver for Teens. For some reason I've forgetten it the past few years, I plan to revisit it now that I am at a new point in my life, this time I will probably use the original The Dream Giver by Bruce Wilkinson.  Check it out, I assure you its worth it!

No comments:

Post a Comment