Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Similar thought processes, different messages...


"I wake up every morning at nine and grab for the morning paper. Then I look at the obituary page. If my name is not on it, I get up."
 
-Benjamin Franklin
 
"Every morning I get up and look through the Forbes list of the richest people in America. 
If I'm not there, I go to work." 
-Robert Orben

 
 
What do you think? Does one speak to you more than the other? 
 
Is Benjamin Frainklin saying: If your not dead get up? Meaning: don't be lazing around in bed all day? 

How about Robert Orben, is he stating his goal is to make the Forbes list of riches in America...because THEN he will be rich enough?..because THEN he will be happy? 
 
Are these men trying to express something deep? Or is it just a witty remark that happened to be written down for others to read later? Either way, it does bring up a good question... why do you get up everyday? Why do you go to work? What are your goals? Are they for riches? For life? What drives you? 
 
I think I may have to sit and ponder for a while today, these are good questions, that I think we should all take a look at time and time again... Who/What are we living for and do our thoughts and actions line up with our beliefs and goals? 
~Adios! 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment